Much awaited update of Google algorithm known as Penguin 2.0 happened on 22nd May 2013 and SEO community is discussing and still waiting to know what has actually happened. Some websites are gainers and some websites are looser.
We started rolling out the next generation of the Penguin webspam algorithm this afternoon (May 22, 2013), and the rollout is now complete. About 2.3% of English-US queries are affected to the degree that a regular user might notice. The change has also finished rolling out for other languages world-wide. The scope of Penguin varies by language, e.g. languages with more webspam will see more impact.
This is the fourth Penguin-related launch Google has done, but because this is an updated algorithm (not just a data refresh), we’ve been referring to this change as Penguin 2.0 internally. For more information on what SEOs should expect in the coming months, see the video that we recently released.
We have noted few Google Penguin 2.0 Interesting Facts
- Social Media Sites
- Google Own Assets
- Authority Sites
- Gambling and Porn sites
- Websites with bad back links
- Spammy sites
- Sites with crap contents
- Small websites which do not care for SEO
What we observed.
- Giving more importance to information site,s commercial down you can see the keywords “link building” “SEO‘
- Social Media Accounts URL ranking high than your domain.
- More importance to Twitter, Blogspot and Facebook accounts or we can say more importance to domain authority.
- Penguin 1.0 was home page only. Penguin 2.0 goes deeper.”
- It targets lower level pages of a site and not just the top level.
- To me it looks like larger authority sites are ranking better.
- Wikipedia higher than ever.
- News results on almost every search, many unwarranted.